Friday 31 May 2013

Food Friday

Food, glorious food! It's no secret that I love food!   I have a big sweet tooth - that's no secret either :) but I struggle to come up with meal ideas each night, so it seems like we end up having the same old thing over and over again. 

I thought it would be fun to post a recipe each week. I'm calling it "Food Friday".  I am hoping that my lovely readers out there will help me out with some of their recipe ideas as well! Feel free to leave comments and link to other recipes ideas.

This week's recipe is one I made a few nights ago - Spinach and Ricotta lasagne.


It is really a cannelloni recipe that I adapted because I didn't have any cannelloni :)

Ingredients:

250g frozen spinach thawed
500g fresh ricotta
1 egg
1/2 chopped flat leaf parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
salt & pepper
lasagne sheets
2 tins crushed tomatoes (or equivalent passata)
500ml water
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup oregano chopped
1/2 cup grated cheese

Bechamel Sauce:
60g butter
1/3 cup flour
4 1/2 cups milk (add as needed)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
Combine spinach, ricotta, egg, parley, Parmesan, salt and pepper.  Mix well.  Combine tomatoes, water, garlic and oregano.  Alternate layers of tomato mixture, lasagne sheets and spinach filling until mixture has been used.  Top with Bechamel sauce and grated cheese.  Cook for 35-40 minutes or until pasta is cooked through.

To make sauce - melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.  Add flour and stir until combined.  Cook for a minute (do not burn) gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until desired consistency.

And there you have it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...