Friday 21 June 2013

Food Friday

A winter warmer - Thai Green Curry (chicken)

This is a favourite in our house.  I used to make it once a week, but I got slack and hadn't made it for a while...until last night...

 

It is so EASY!

You will need this:


Follow the directions on the jar for a very delicious green curry.

I like to make it my own.  This is how I usually make it (I have had to tone down the curry spice for E. For some reason she doesn't like it spicy :) so this is a mild version):

Ingredients

Chicken breast (usually about 300 grams)
1 small onion
1-2 tbspn Valcom green curry paste
2 tbspn fish sauce
2 tspn Castor sugar
2 x 400ml cans light coconut milk/cream
broccoli
green capsicum
zucchini
peas
3 cups basmati rice

Slice the chicken breasts and the onion and chop the vegetables.  I will usually use any green vegetable I have, so don't be scared to use other vegetables.

Cook the rice now.

Heat some olive oil in a pan (about 2 tablespoons).  Cook the onion for 30 seconds and add the curry paste and stir for another 30 seconds or until fragrant.  Don't burn the paste!  Add the chicken and cook until just cooked.  Add the coconut milk, fish sauce and sugar and bring to the boil.  (I use two tins of coconut milk to reduce the spice.  If you like it spicy, and without much sauce, just use one).

Add the vegetables and simmer for 10-15 minutes.

This quantity will feed our family of 3 for two meals with some left over.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...