Saturday 15 June 2013

The "To Do" list

I'm not really one to write lists for things, but sometimes when the list in my head gets too long I need to put it on paper. 
image

Today was one of those days.

My "To Do" list is mostly self inflicted.  I am not good at doing nothing, so I'm constantly coming up with new things to do (as if I don't already have a million things to do), and then every now and then everything seems due at once. I find myself avoiding doing anything on the list, which actually makes me feel worse.  I don't think procrastinating makes anyone feel good (doing a blog post is not on my list of things to do today).

Food for thought:
 “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you won’t do anything with it.” ~ M. Scott Peck
I've often heard that things we want to do should be on our list along with things we need to do.  Life would be so dull if we only ever did the things that need to be done!

It seems that the things which are most important are never on my list.  We don't write lists for these things, yet they are what make us happiest:  tell your family you love them, play with your children as if you have nothing else to do, smile!

Perhaps a "To Be" list is more important than a "To Do" list.

Be kind
Be patient
Be happy
Be present

I have found that whatever kind of list we have, it's best to just tackle one thing at a time.

image

This is perfect:
 “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.” ~ Emerson

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Kymberly :) such great quotes and good reminders. I'm thinking I can and need to be a heck of a lot more productive with my days! ....I may need to make a to do list :)

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...